Luxembourg Stock Exchange(LuxSE) has earned a well-founded reputation as a premium place in Europe for securitization and raising capital via SPVs. It is the 1st European Exchange to list Mortgage-backed securities (MBS). With its proven experience in enrolling a wide array of investment products, LuxSE accommodates 3,000 issuers from more than 100 countries and is the leading listing venue for international securities (e.g., 20% of global market share). It provides its clients with a rapid and efficient listing process and a trusted regulatory regime.
Registering your SPV with Luxembourg Stock Exchange has the following advantages:
- A stable political and economic business environment (confirmed AAA rating).
- LuxSE offers companies a choice of two markets: Bourse de Luxembourg (EU regulated market) and Euro MTF market (Exchange regulated market).
- A cost-efficient ABS listings process with competitive fee structures for standard ABS listing.
- A client-friendly and rapid listing process completed within 3 business days (Euro MTF market).
- All listed securities are automatically enrolled in the eligibility process for ECB collateralization.
- Efficient access to a large international investor base.
- A favorable tax and regulatory regime that includes double taxation treaties with more than 70 other jurisdictions.
- An advantageous legal framework that was introduced by the Securitization Law of March 22, 2004, warrants enhanced investor protection and codifies many asset classes for securitization. The SPV remains the owner of the transferred assets, even though it makes a promise to transfer the assets back to the originator in the future.
- Even in cases when an SPV goes bankrupt, certain contractual provisions preserve the securitized assets from being taken away by the liquidators. The SPV is entitled to receive full payment before the liquidation procedure takes place.